Today’s freelance story ticker
Afternoon again, bloggers!
The Global for me team plus a certain special someone is proud to present the following story pitch:
The new series of X-Factor doesn’t begin until next month but already the bookies have been giving odds.
Paddy Power is offering odds for a winner from one of the younger categories- 7/4 that the winner is from the boys group and 15/8 for a girl winner. No group has ever won X-Factor but they are being backed at 3/1 with the over 25’s least favourite at 4/1.
All these odds, numbers and demographics pose the question, what does it really take to win X-Factor? With huge amounts of cash at stake- is there a formula for success? Where does the power lie- with the judges or the public?
We welcome to the Global For Me team, Tony Cowell, brother of X-Factor judge and creator Simon. Tony has over the years had unparralled X-Factor access and knows better than anyone the inner workings of the X-Factor machine.
For the inside track on all things X-Factor at GFM we can deliver the backstage stories and more.
Read the original pitch on our main website.
As some may already know – yes, Tony Cowell is the older brother of famed X-Factor, American Idol, Britain’s Got Talent TV personality Simon Cowell. Read more about the endeavors of Tony Cowell on his official website.
This is another unique opportunity to connect to the reporter behind the news desk. E-mail or comment your interest to GFM right away if you’re interested… X-Factor is soon to return to television, so there’s a bit of a deadline with this one!
Also, don’t forget to browse our other story tickers for this week. Here’s a list of some of the proposed topics below:
- Will Afghanistan make it to the polls? by Jerome Starkey
- What happens after Kim Jong Il’s Death? by Jason Strother
- Sri Lankan concentration camps by Florence Muchori
- Mexico: the affects of the drug trade by Ioan Grillo
- How is Iraq coping alone? by Neil Arun
- Cyber warfare: US, S. Korea versus N. Korea? by Nancy Youssef
All the best,
E-mail your story ideas to
Join our discussions on Twitter. @GFMEditor
• Read our Global for me challenge. Make the news work for you.
• Interested in helping make this stories come to light? Hop over to the Fund a Story page.